Ten famous celebrities who married the same person twice. That’s right. Married, divorced, re-married… the same person — two times.
List of celebrities who married the same person twice, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Several famous people have been married multiple times to the same person. Some people took only a short break between marriages, and other couples were separated for decades before they reconnected. This list includes many celebrities with the most marriages. One famous comedian even married two different wives two different times each.
Who is the most famous person who married the same person twice? Pamela Anderson tops our list. The “Baywatch” beauty announced that she remarried her ex-husband Rick Salomon in 2014. The couple was previously married from 2007-2008. Anderson was also married to Tommy Lee (1995–1998) and Kid Rock (2006–2007). Salomon was previously married to Shannen Doherty (2002-2003) and E.G. Daily (1995-2000).
Comedian Richard Pryor gave love a second chance two times. Pryor first married Jennifer Lee from 1979–1982. The couple remarried in 2001 and were together until Pryor’s death in 2005. He first married Flynn Belaine from 1986–1987 and then again from 1990–1991. He has married a total of seven times in his life. Other famous people who married the same person twice include Elizabeth Taylor, Melanie Griffith, and Eminem.
For these particular famous couples marriage, divorce, and then remarriage, all within a few short years.
1. Pamela’s first marriage to Salomon occurred on October 7, 2007, in a quickie Las Vegas ceremony at The Mirage.
Marry-go-round: Pamela Anderson and Rick, pictured in 2007, wed that year but split two months later and had their marriage annulled before rekindling the flame a few months ago.
Two months later, the couple separated and in February 2008 Pamela filed for an annulment citing fraud.
Pamela’s also had an on-and-off relationship with her ex-husband Tommy Lee, the father of her sons Brandon, 16, and Dylan, 15.
‘It’s recycling,’ Pamela shared with Ellen. ‘No, I’m very happy. We’re happy. He’s a great guy.’
2. Natalie Wood and Robert John Wagner Make Their Rerun Marriage Work.
In fact, says Natalie Wood, the match had been made years before. “I was 10 and he was 18 when I first saw him walking down a hall at 20th Century Fox,” she recalls. “I turned to my mother and said, ‘I’m going to marry him.’ ”
And she did. Twice.
Today, years after they first took the vows, 14 years after their divorce and four years after they remarried, Robert John Wagner and Natalie Wood represent the triumph of hope over unfortunate experience.
3. At age 14, Melanie Griffith began dating Don Johnson, her mother’s 22-year-old co-star in The Harrad Experiment. The relationship culminated in a six-month marriage from January to July 1976.
In 1988, after completing rehabilitation Griffith reconnected with Johnson. They remarried on June 26, 1989. Their daughter, Dakota Johnson, was born on October 4, 1989. They separated in March 1994, reconciled later that year, but separated again in May 1995.
4. Elliott Gould has been married three times, twice to the same woman:
Barbra Streisand (March 21, 1963 – July 9, 1971; divorced; 1 child, actor Jason Gould)
Jennifer Bogart (December 8, 1973 – 1975; June 9, 1978 – 1979). They were divorced twice. The couple had two children. Jennifer’s father was director Paul Bogart.
5. Jean-Claude Van Damme has been married five times to four different women. He was married to his third wife, bodybuilder Gladys Portugues – with whom he has two children: Kristopher (born 1987) and Bianca (born 1990) – until 1992, when he began an affair with actress Darcy LaPier, whom he married in February 1994. That same year he had an affair with his Street Fighter co-star Kylie Minogue during the filming of that movie in Thailand. LaPier, who was pregnant at the time with their son, did not become aware of this until Van Damme publicly admitted it in 2012. After leaving LaPier, Van Damme remarried bodybuilder Portugues in 1999, and they later again separated. In early 2015, Portugues has filed for a second divorce from Van Damme – citing irreconcilable differences. However, in May 2015 they appeared to have reconciled and called off the divorce.
6. Richard Pryor was married seven times to five different women. His wives were:
- Patricia Price, whom he married in 1960 and divorced the following year. From this marriage, a son, Richard Pryor Jr. (1961), was born.
- Shelley Bonis, whom he married in 1967 and divorced in 1969.
- Deborah McGuire, whom he married on 22 September 1977; they divorced the following year.
- Jennifer Lee, whom he married in August 1981. They divorced in October 1982, but later remarried on 29 June 2001 and remained married until Pryor’s death.
- Flynn Belaine, whom he married in October 1986. They were divorced in July 1987 but later remarried on 1 April 1990. They divorced again in July 1991.
7. Liz Taylor was married a staggering eight times to seven men — she wed Richard Burton, the love of her life, twice.
- Conrad “Nicky” Hilton: May 1950 – Feb. 1951
- Michael Wilding: February 1952 – January 1957
- Michael Todd: February 1957 – March 1958
- Eddie Fisher: May 1959 – March 1964
- Burton: The Tempestuous Love of Her Life
- Richard Burton: March 1964 – June 1974
- Richard Burton: Oct 1975 – Aug 1976
- John Warner: December 1976 – November 1982
- Larry Fortensky: Oct. 1991 – Oct. 1996
8. Paul Hogan and his first wife, Noelene Edwards, married in 1958. They separated and divorced in 1981 and remarried less than one year later. A second divorce, initiated in 1986, was considered one of Australia’s ugliest in celebrity circles. Hogan married his “Crocodile” Dundee co-star Linda Kozlowski in 1990. He has five children with his first wife and one with his second wife. In October 2013, Kozlowski filed for divorce from Hogan, citing irreconcilable differences.
9. Marshall Bruce Mathers III is known professionally as Eminem was married twice to Kimberly Anne “Kim” Scott. He met Kim in high school; she was 13, and he was 15 when he stood on a table with his shirt off rapping LL Cool J’s “I’m Bad”. Kim and her twin sister, Dawn, had run away from home; they moved in with Eminem and his mother when he was 15, and he began an on-and-off relationship with Kim in 1989. Their daughter, Hailie, was born on December 25, 1995; they married in 1999, divorcing in 2001. Although Eminem told Rolling Stone in 2002, “I would rather have a baby through my penis than get married again,” he and Kim briefly remarried in January 2006. He filed for divorce in early April, agreeing to joint custody of Hailie. He has also adopted Alaina, Dawn’s daughter, and Whitney, Kim’s daughter from another relationship
10. Jacqueline Ruth “Jacki” Weaver was married to David Price from 1966 to 1970 before divorcing and marrying Max Hensser in 1975. She married to radio and television presenter Derryn Hinch in 1983; they divorced in 1996, remarried in 1997, and divorced again in 1998. She had a son, Dylan (b. 1969) with the partner at the time John Walters. She is currently married to actor Sean Taylor.